Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Calling all My Fair Lady philes

So, after two years of research and collecting, I am finally ready to put the finishing touches on my book about BSK's My Fair Lady Jewelry Line.  I do have a few questions however--if there is anyone out there "young" enough to remember My Fair Lady playing in the theatres--there is a myth of how the jewelry line was sold in the theatre.  This seems implausible to me--but if you purchased through the theatres or if you bought in a store at the time--let me know your experiece.

Also, I have a few pictures I want to use from various sources.  I own the sources in my collection (magazines, etc.) and my question is ,even thought I have written to anticipate the need for a clearance for copyright, my requests have gone unanswered.  If I state that these are by X photographer and are in my collection, is it okay to use?  All pictures f the jewelry will be mine and mine alone.  These are still from the film and the play used to bolster my contention about dating (somewhat similar--or so it feels--to carbon dating (yes, my tongue is in cheek!)

HAVE AT AND LET ME KNOW!


You are appreciated as always!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I have a set of cuff links, not by BSK, that represent tickets to the opening of My Fair Lady.
    I used to collect the jewelry too, but now have to sell my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an interesting connection to the play, yes. That too will be in my book.

    ReplyDelete