Friday, December 17, 2010

My Charm Bracelet

This is my personal charm bracelet.  Right now it has 44 charms.  I have at least 6 more to put on that I have not.  Only one is pure gold and that is a heart meant for my true love.  My favorites are shown on these pictures.  I have a simulated eye portrait drawn by a student of my love's eye (with his glasses on) in miniature--that and my Don Quixote on horse railing against the windmill are my favorites I think.  My mother started this for me when I was 16 years old with a 16 number charm, and a Capricorn.  There is quite a mix from a crystal ball (I am highly intuitive) to a mustard seed (one of my favs) to a beer stein (for my heritage) to a piano that opens (for all those years of lessons that didn't stick!).  It was primarily intended to be only a movable charm bracelet, but what does a 16 year old (or an almost 50 year) old know!  Every charm has a meaning to me!  (I especially like the little girl curled up in the hand of God--keeps it real for me on some of those tougher moments)  My students love it and always someone or another, both male and female come up to hear what the charms mean to me. I hope you enjoy!








Mary

5 comments:

  1. What a fun braceIet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love charm bracelets that have personal meanings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracious, what a beautiful bracelet! You are so talented! Charm bracelets always tell a nice story. Have a beautiful birthday tomorrow and God bless...from cottonfieldfarm through ECS. I am now one of your new followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops! The Followers button is down...will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great charm bracelet, Mary :) I love charm bracelets! It's been a long time since I've had one.

    ReplyDelete